I’m Alena, an Australian ethical blogger and soulful parenting advocate and the founder of Soul Mamma.
A heartfelt welcome to you!
This is a place for learning a soulful lifestyle, making ethical choices that help the planet and nurture our kids into resilient and healthy future-changers.
This pioneering site was founded in 2009 and arose from a drive to support families to feel connected, live ethically and parent soulfully.
The Pioneering Days
In the early days, there weren’t many people writing about ethical lifestyles, or conscious parenting.
Back then I was working, studying, lone-parenting and just beginning to understand how to create a more meaningful life for myself and my young son.
I felt like I really needed to feel connected as I experienced matrescence (the developmental process of becoming a mother) but instead, I just felt dangerously isolated.
In the years that have passed since then, we have come a long way as a community in supporting each other in our most vulnerable moments, but still we can always improve.
Now let’s lift the veil and I’ll show you some of the cool things that have been going on in real life.
Soul Mamma in the Real World
- Expert Panelist, 2020 Australian Non Toxic Awards
- Interviewed by global marketing influencer Cara Parrish
- Founder Mums in Bath (UK) and Freshie Families (AUS)
- Meeting Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins (aka Foo Fighters)
- Hapkido Instructor
- Interview: What’s Up Freshie
- Frontpage news, “Mainstream Mums: Over 40 with Two Kids” The Australian Newspaper
- Interviewed for Martial Arts Woman Podcast
- Interviewed / photographed “Local Legends, Soul Mamma and Me”
- Featured member, Verve Super
There is plenty to explore here. You can find articles about how to choose a more ethical lifestyle, food, parenting and family travel. If you’d like to, you can learn more about what else I do here. Or you can learn how to get your own ethical products or services featured here.
It’s an honour and a privilege to serve humanity in this way, and I am genuinely so thrilled to have you here with me. I hope you enjoy the words, the pictures, the links, and most of all getting clear on what you love in your own family, and your own life and begin to embody your heartiest intentions.
With love always,